Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
How did you become a Bengals fan?
I was born and raised in Central PA, surrounded by Steelers fans, including my Dad. When I was too young to really pick a team, I just followed my Dad and rooted for the Steelers. To this day Mean Joe Greene is my all-time favorite player. Anyways, fast forward to 1979 when I was 8 and I decided I wanted to be a Bengals fan because they were orange and black, my favorite colors. This was back when they had the plain orange helmet with the "Bengals" on the side. I didn't even know what a Bengal was. My Dad told me it was a tiger and since they were my favorite animal, that was perfect. My Dad said I could root for whatever team I wanted. He then even bought me a Bengals helmet and my first jersey, an Isaac Curtis jersey. I loved them! Oh...my town started up a peewee football league and you had to provide your own equipment. Guess what I wore? You got it; my Bengals helmet and Isaac Curtis jersey. That was awesome!! The Bengals have been my team ever since.

Oh yeah, about the same time I became a Bengals fan, my older brother decided that he was going to be a Seahawks fan. I loved how cool my Dad was with us being fans of other teams.
[Image: PApinhead-Sig-1_2.png]

Sig compliments of ExtraRadiohead
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: How did you become a Bengals fan? - PApinhead - 10-22-2015, 10:04 AM