Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 3 Average
Cuomo admits he's lost total control of NYC
(09-03-2020, 10:55 PM)Sociopathicsteelerfan Wrote: NYC was a pretty amazing city for awhile, after Rudy cleaned it up.  I have a lot of friends who live there.  Aside from the hot garbage smell in the summer the city was a pretty cool place.  Now it's a fugging cesspool and I sincerely worry about some of my friends who live there.

Honestly, I could same the same for Los Angeles.  I lived in the Hollywood Hills for fifteen years.  The area was great.  Downtown went from a depressing place with nothing to do to having a thriving social scene.  Now, and I am not kidding, it's overflowing with homeless people who are Bay Area aggressive.  There's literal human shit on the sidewalk.  Two weeks before I bought my house (this was in May) my neighbors called me at work to tell me a homeless guy was walking down our residential street swinging a machete.  Days that I worked the early shift, driving to work literally looked like an episode of The Walking Dead, with homeless people staggering around high or on some mental illness trip.

I'm sure part of it is me getting older, but man, it really looks like the major cities are in tremendous decline right now and not because of Covid, although it definitely accelerated things.  But this has been in the works for years now.

You know, I often wonder about that immense homeless population in California.  How much of that is to blame on the governing policy out there?  Their major cities are all "cesspools", yet they rely heavily on the agricultural industry that most of the State provides, yet most of those folks living in those areas have little or no voice in policy matters.  

For example, back in '06, when I was still a tradesman, I helped to renovate retail stores, some of them in California.  I spent time in the Bay area, and some time in the "upstate" area in Redding.  I have to say that in the Bay area, I was always cautious of where I was and who was around me.  There were vagrants always approaching me, asking me for money, some of them appearing to be dangerous.  In the upstate area, people were great and I felt safe and secure at all times.

That stark difference is a microcosm of the entire Nation.  People in the metro areas seem to want to be "free and lawless", yet they rely so heavily on government to support them entirely;  While people in the small towns just make their way and continue to exist.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Cuomo admits he's lost total control of NYC - SunsetBengal - 09-03-2020, 11:27 PM