Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 3.67 Average
Carlos speaks out about Racism and Bengals
I have no problem whatever with athletes backing certain political causes and people.  They do have the inate visibility most people simply do not have and the money to put the word out. Remember, people such as Lou Al Cinder aka Kareem spoke out years ago and were told to just shut up and dribble. That's a slap in the face to anyone. Mohammed Ali spoke out and even went to jail and gave up his title for his beliefs and that was well before the era of multi million dollar athletes back when players were routinely blackballed for even asking for a raise much less social issues. Now they have a common cause and huge platform that can sway not only team owners, but the media and by extension the general public at large. I hope they take full advantage of this time in history to change the world. Don't forget folks, just recently Kapernick was blackballed and many on this very board pretended that he had no right to speak his mind and accused him of all but treasonous activities. Now many of the same people want to backpeddle and pretend it never happened. Well,  it did and many are still telling them to shut up and dribble.
In the immortal words of my old man, "Wait'll you get to be my age!"

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Messages In This Thread
RE: Carlos speaks out about Racism and Bengals - IcoHolic - 09-03-2020, 10:12 PM
RE: Carlos speaks out about Racism and Bengals - grampahol - 09-04-2020, 10:01 AM