Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Ahmed Mohamed and his family will move to Qatar
(10-22-2015, 09:20 AM)djs7685 Wrote: Yep, the entire "I can say things that will obviously offend hundreds of thousands of people but you can't say a word about me personally" is ridiculous.

Also amusing how the guy that posts snarky one liners, rarely with any substance whatsoever, seems to be the most adamant person on the boards on "focus on the post and not the poster". Well guess what? The poster is MAKING the post, and this is a subforum dealing with political and religious opinions. The poster has as much to do with it as the post's substance in some arguments (especially when the post has zero substance, then what are we supposed to comment on??). Things that each person has said in the past can greatly affect the outcome of a discussion on a given topic.

Lucie is a lot easier to deal with once you realize that he's saying a lot of the stuff he does for shock value and to get people riled up purposely. IMO, he should be told to stop that though, I've asked him in the past to refrain from the racial slurs but he's welcome to his opinions, and he did actually stop for a short period of time. He's back to calling entire nations "savages" and whatnot though, and it's ridiculous to say that it shouldn't be called out.

Between some people not helping themselves from having alts to others using offensive slurs, it seems that the "omg stop attacking me" is coming from the side that very well deserves their personalities to be questioned. If you notice, Patrick doesn't have to cry for people to stop attacking him, and that's because he isn't doing something ridiculous that puts his character into question. Those that regularly get "attacked" should maybe take note and think that they're the common denominator and that maybe, just MAYBE they're doing something they should refrain from doing. Snarky one liners and racial slurs are a quick way to get "attacked". Either realize that or don't and keep playing the victim, I can't force anyone to understand these things.

I remember when we had to address this in the board's infancy. He made a thread title with the word "*****" in it. It was deemed ok since it was a direct quote from the source (since they referred to them as that) and it wasn't directed at anyone here. So I made a thread saying "sheriff refuses to apologize to our n-word (wrote it but added * for the vowels) president" since the sheriff from the story called Obama the n-word. 

It's ok to attack a whole class of people... as long as you don't single out someone here. We have all crossed the line at some point when talking to someone, but the majority of us have never been openly racist or homophobic, and, if we were, would never expect others to just accept it as a point of view that deserves consideration. 
[Image: ulVdgX6.jpg]

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Messages In This Thread
RE: Ahmed Mohamed and his family will move to Qatar - BmorePat87 - 10-22-2015, 11:04 AM