Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
ACLU attorney: Biloxi is 'generating revenue off the backs of the poor'
(10-22-2015, 11:15 AM)Ryuko Wrote: Right, so they don't take the jobs of law-abiding citizens... They just take their tax dollars. My point is that prisons should be at least self-sufficient, and they aren't. The "any work they do takes jobs away from someone else" is advocating for laziness like I've never seen. Every job anyone does is a job that someone else could be doing. But doing work and gaining experience gives them a better chance to succeed once they get out.

Let's bring this back to your post and stop with the "any" comments.  Your post was talking about building roads etc.  You want to make them self sufficient that is fine.  What I was pointing out was your misunderstanding of why they don't do these jobs.  They don't do them because those job areas have strong organized lobbies that work the government for those lucrative contracts.  Not and I stress..."NOT because they don't want to get outside and away from cable tv.
[Image: m6moCD1.png]

Messages In This Thread
RE: ACLU attorney: Biloxi is 'generating revenue off the backs of the poor' - SteelCitySouth - 10-22-2015, 11:45 AM