Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Reasons for optimism
I have tons of reasons for optimism, but if I had to narrow them down to just 5:

1.) Joe Fricking Burrow- Poise, accuracy, mobility, can process information very quickly, and a leader. Basically everything we have needed at QB

2.) Joe Mixon/Improved offensive line: I lumped them together because although the line has taken a lot of (well-deserved) heat, they did find a scheme that worked well the last 8 games rushing the ball with Mixon. Joe's contract is taken care of and we are all hearing how he will be used more as a receiver as well. If he can even pick up where he left off last year, they will be tough. Combine that with Burrow at QB and they could be very, very tough.

3.) Synergy on defense: A force like Reader in the middle makes every player on the line better. Pratt was becoming a really good LB after finally getting his shot to start. He and Bynes are light years above Brown and Vigil of a year ago. Vonn Bell and Alexander also improve their spot from a year ago. Bottom line: There aren't any major weaknesses on defense.

4.) Depth of talent at WR- Ross and Green are difference makers for the offense. They hope open up everything for the likes of Boyd, Tate, and perhaps Higgins. Tate has reportedly shown everyone at camp that he wasn't content to just settle for his performance last year. Working with Anquan Boldin on route running will make this already really good set of hands that much more viable as a weapon. And he is arguably your fourth option at WR.

5.) Drew Sample- Call this one a hunch but ZT wanted character guys that are driven and Sample took this offseason to transform his body and work on his routes. I think he will pair very nicely with Uzomah and might be the biggest surprise on the team.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
Reasons for optimism - Bengalfan4life27c - 09-07-2020, 12:05 PM
RE: Reasons for optimism - fredtoast - 09-07-2020, 12:24 PM
RE: Reasons for optimism - impactplaya - 09-07-2020, 12:36 PM
RE: Reasons for optimism - J24 - 09-07-2020, 02:49 PM
RE: Reasons for optimism - GreenCornBengal - 09-07-2020, 03:02 PM
RE: Reasons for optimism - SHRacerX - 09-07-2020, 04:00 PM
RE: Reasons for optimism - SunsetBengal - 09-07-2020, 04:18 PM
RE: Reasons for optimism - fredtoast - 09-07-2020, 09:31 PM
RE: Reasons for optimism - SunsetBengal - 09-07-2020, 09:51 PM