Thread Rating:
  • 4 Vote(s) - 2 Average
Jeremy Hill far ahead of his production last year
(10-21-2015, 09:06 PM)BFritz21 Wrote: Hill carried the ball less than a third as much from shotgun as opposed to having Dalton under center, and I always say you can't discount long runs because they happened, but Hill's 85 yard run on one carry and few other long runs make the stats from the gun very skewed because he carried the ball so much less.

If you'd like to go back and look at play-by-play, Hill normally struggled from the gun, gaining one or two yards whenever he carried from the gun last year, and even took a bunch of rushes for a loss.

Brad, I agree with the logic here, but I need to see the data.

Where are you seeing a detailed game-log where they show whether the play was in shotgun or not? I have the play by play at pro-football-reference, but they don't seem to show that on each play. If there's something I'm missing and Fred (or anyone else that regularly uses the site) can show me how I can view under center vs shotgun snaps, that would be excellent.
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Jeremy Hill far ahead of his production last year - djs7685 - 10-22-2015, 12:48 PM