Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Bengals players considering silent protest
(09-09-2020, 03:55 PM)jason Wrote: I get where you're coming from. I also get that a majority of the players are black and feel like they can't get away from the issues they are protesting.

Whatever happens.... I assure you the game will entertain you. This time last year, they didn't even broadcast the national anthem for our season opener... They're only doing it now in the hopes that something happens.

Also... I think by this point, we're ALL aware of these issues. It's only been 100 straight days of coverage. File me away in the "I don't care what they do, I'm gonna watch the game with my friend I haven't seen since pre Covid 19, and enjoy my damn self" category.

To me, this is one of the biggest driving forces behind the whole thing.  No professional athlete wants to be the guy not joining in. It's basically peer pressure.

I don't want to know who's wearing slogans or doing token gestures.  I want to know who's working behind the scenes to actually accomplish something.  And, as far as I can tell, the answer to that is a really big nobody.
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

http://www.reverbnation.com/leftyohio  singersongwriterrocknroll

Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Bengals players considering silent protest - McC - 09-09-2020, 04:14 PM