Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Bengals players considering silent protest
(09-09-2020, 04:04 PM)HarleyDog Wrote: I was reading this and for some reason I had a thought. Maybe we assume it's a kneeling or locker room thing because that's what was thrown at us. Maybe it's a respectable gesture and also something that still honors the flag? Maybe that's why we're not being told? The underground railroad march was by far the best message I've seen from any sports organization. With the leadership in the clubhouse and FO, this may be something just as classy and not offensive to one side or the other? Now, I kind of look forward to seeing what they do. After all, if your going to send a message, show the rest in the sports world how it should be done. Lead by example.

It may go against whatever sideline social distancing measures are in place, but if I were making the call I'd have them stand arms locked with the players beside them with they're heads bowed during the anthem. At it's conclusion take an uncommonly long knee before hitting the field. No disrespect to anyone or anything, and attention drawn.
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Bengals players considering silent protest - jason - 09-09-2020, 04:15 PM