Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Bengals players considering silent protest
(09-09-2020, 03:40 PM)Bengalstripes18 Wrote: The political statements aren't new to me and I've learned to accept them as normal at this point.

I'm more tired of people alienating one another for having differing opinions. I think we have polarizing ways of viewing things that don't represent reality when reality is the grey in the middle--between the opposing views. I wish people would just hear one another out. We are getting screwed by both political parties anyways.

I don't think it's necessarily a good decision to protest while you are supposed to be honoring the union that the flag is supposed to represent. It seems divisive to choose this time to raise awareness. But overall they are being patriotic by having the message of striving for a more just society.

This is just the beginning in terms of athletes speaking out about social matters. We live in challenging times and need to evolve as a country species. Everyone is capable of improving themselves and their community. I believe in striving to make myself better, my community better, and my country better. I believe in the union that this country represents. I believe in creating a better and more just society. I also believe in doing that in a respectful manner in which I work together with those around me--no matter their view or political orientation. I believe in democracy.

The police have a tough job in the inner city. The residents have a tough life as well. I don't blame either the police or residents of the inner city for what goes down. The root of the problem is the fact that the ghetto exists. There was once a prison experiment done on willing participants that resulted in people treating each other inhumanely. Put into the situation of the ghetto, things get quite hazy. We are blaming one another when we should be blaming the system. The fact that the system's broken leads me to believe there is a long road ahead for us until we see things improve.

I think the way of the future will be though agriculture. We need the poor involved in agriculture. It's a way for them to have a chance to overcome. Being involved in the food industry will provide them healthy food as a starting point. We need to rethink our cities and how we design poor communities.

Well said but I did change one word.  Wink
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Bengals players considering silent protest - Daddy-O - 09-09-2020, 04:58 PM