Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Germans forced out of homes to make room for immigrants
(10-22-2015, 01:15 AM)Bengalzona Wrote: Not sure if this could be the case here or not, but a lot of countries in Northern Europe have these "squatters rights" type laws. As an example, let's say you have a warehouse building in, say, Copenhagen. It's a building that you haven't used for awhile, but you intend to use again in the future. Technically, it is vacant. While it is sitting vacant, some homeless people move into it and start living there. Now, in the U.S. you would just call the police and have them kicked out for trespassing. Probably even the same day. It is a bit different in Copenhagen, however. Because the people are living in the building, they now have certain rights under the law. You have to go through a long eviction process in the courts. In some places, you cannot evict the people until someone has found a suitable replacement for them to live.

Just reading this story, I have a feeling that may have been the situation with the Germans which were forced out. The German government may have streamlined the eviction process on a property they owned to make room for incoming refugees.

Good insight Zona.  I would assume this is the case.

I've seen this 1st hand with the Romani population in France.  There are large swaths of land they have taken over which cannot be relinquished do to similar laws.  Heard the same thing about refugee camps / slums in Europe today that cannot be taken back, not just for logistic reasons, but because of laws currently in place.

Think you're right Zona.  Germany must have bypassed some of the paperwork in order to accommodate in extreme circumstances.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Messages In This Thread
RE: Germans forced out of homes to make room for immigrants - Vas Deferens - 10-22-2015, 02:56 PM