Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Bengals players considering silent protest
(09-09-2020, 02:30 PM)Bengalholic Wrote: Per Tyler Dragon:

'Multiple sources within the organization informed The Enquirer that the Bengals have had internal discussions about staying in the locker room or kneeling during the national anthem before Sunday’s game kicks off at Paul Brown Stadium.

A final verdict hasn’t been made, but the team is contemplating both silent protests in efforts to raise more awareness about police brutality and systemic racism.'

Obviously, this subject can be controversial, and often leads to threads getting closed. I'm just curious to see how much support there will be for the players if they do choose to kneel or stay in the locker room during the anthem. No need to bring your political views into it; just wanting to know how you'll feel/react if they do choose to go the silent protest route.

If the Brown family is ok with it, then I don't have a big issue with it.  The players have a right to peacefully demonstrate/protest on their own time.  However, on game days they are acting as employees of the team and ownership has every right to tell them not to demonstrate.  I also don't feel players should be peer pressured into demonstrating by coaches, management, and/or other players.  

Personally, I find kneeling during the anthem disrespectful and doing so scores no points with me towards their cause.  I don't have an issue with most of the other NFL protests like staying in the locker room during the anthem or locking arms with teammates.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Bengals players considering silent protest - Whatever - 09-10-2020, 12:59 AM