Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Bengals players considering silent protest
(09-10-2020, 11:16 AM)fredtoast Wrote: The inconsistency is not not based on which behavior is accepted.  The inconsistency is in saying that players should just shut up and play because no one cares about what they say or do off the field.

That's how I see it.  Bfine made a good point about the mindset of people who don't like it, but what irks me more are people who say stuff like athletes and celebrities should keep politics out of things and/or politics is everywhere and being "shoved down their throats."  Mostly that sort of statement seems to stem from people disagreeing with what they are hearing rather than actually believing that anyone who isn't a politician should never make a political statement.

This is particularly bizarre since we have a non-politician as a president at the moment.  The days of leaving politics to the politicians are long gone, if they ever existed.  Political commentary has been all over the place for generations.  Hell, it wasn't too terribly long ago where having black players on your roster was viewed as an unnecessarily controversial move.

My point is that I see it more as a situation of understanding the perspective of others and I've gained some understanding in that area on this subject in the past years.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Bengals players considering silent protest - Nately120 - 09-10-2020, 12:00 PM