Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 3 Average
Cuomo admits he's lost total control of NYC
(09-11-2020, 04:20 PM)PhilHos Wrote: I'm not going to comment on Ahmed Abrery because I don't know the details, but with Breonna Tayler, please list what laws the police broke. Sure, it's a horrible tragedy that should not have occurred and sure, no knock warrants should probably be outlawed, but from what I've read the police did nothing criminal there.

They used bad, outdated information to get the warrant. Then they fired blindly into the apartment.  Don't know if their negligence/recklessness rises to the level of criminality, but it has taken 6 months before they even presented the case to a grand jury to decide.

It is a pattern.  The protests over the  Treyvon Martin killing were not so much about the actual shooting as the fact that the police did not even investigate it as a possible homicide until people started protesting months later.  With Ahmed Arbery the DA actually saw the murder on video but did not say a crime was committed until the video leaked to the public. Even then a State Prosecutor had to step in to bring the charges.

The issue is not always guilt or innocence.  Many times it is about the crimes not even being investigated.
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Cuomo admits he's lost total control of NYC - fredtoast - 09-11-2020, 04:39 PM