Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Burleson predicts Zac will be Coach of the Year
(09-11-2020, 07:17 PM)WychesWarrior Wrote: Lofty expectations to say the least, but..... wasn't Jimmy Johnson 1-15 his first year in Big D? Didn't Sam Wyche stumble out of the gate here in Cincy?

There were a couple of things I caught last season in the middle of the dumpster fire that I liked. First and foremost, the team never did quit on him...even when the season was a total loss. Remember Miami? I saw a lot of aggression early on, that really seemed to fall apart due to personnel not really fitting the schemes. I saw some plays that would have been awesome, but inadequate protection made them blow up in our faces. They fixed the run game.

We all saw the negatives, and it got rather vanilla, for obvious reasons.

If Jonah is the real deal, if guys like Jordan continue to improve, Hopkins keeps up solid play, and Hart can just stay out of his own way, this offense can make some real noise if Burrow is who we think he is. The defense is the most intriguing. They threw out A LOT of coin to fix it, to get players that can play in Lou's hybrid system. If that pans out, you may just be looking at one helluva turnaround. 

Ah the optimism of game 1.

Your last sentence reminds me of the 3rd quarter of last year's opener... I remember thinking "Damn... Marvin Lewis really was holding John Ross back.", and "Wow... This is fun again.".

Very short lived... But last year's gone. New team. New leaf. I truly don't expect a huge turnaround that will be netting coach of the year awards, but I expect competitive games, and somewhere around .500 by years end. If not I expect heads to roll... I'd be thrilled with the big turnaround though.
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Burleson predicts Zac will be Coach of the Year - jason - 09-11-2020, 10:38 PM