Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
BoltBeat: Bengals-Chargers Pre-Game Roster Comparison
I would have to disagree with several of these. It is a good write-up expressing your views, however. I want to point out that Geno Atkins is not playing today, so you may want to make an edit there.

I would begin by saying that Mixon is firmly a better RB than Ekeler. Mixon is a dynamic back as well, but ZT doesn’t utilize him to his full potential because there are better weapons to throw to than Mixon. He is dangerous running or receiving and while Ekeler is likely a better receiver, it isn’t by much. Mixon has done it all and has the ability to get 50+ catches in a season if they wanted to utilize him this way.

Mike Williams or not, the Bengals have better receivers. I am fine giving Allen the advantage over Green only because Green hasn’t played in nearly two years, so we don’t know what we are getting from him. If Green is completely healthy, AJ is better than Keenan and it isn’t a competition. Tyler Boyd is also, at this point, a better receiver than Mike Williams. Receiver is actually a point of strength for Cincinnati, along with defensive line and formerly secondary.

With Geno out, I would agree the advantage goes to the Chargers but it is close. San Diego has fantastic edge rushers where Cincinnati has talent all over the line. Hubbard, Lawson, Dunlap, Reader and Daniels are all still in the rotation today and they should be able to make some noise.

Not a combatting point here, but Darius Phillips isn’t the best CB on the roster; it would be William Jackson.

I would say the offensive line is a push at the moment. Overall, I would give Cincinnati the edge on offense, San Diego the edge on defense. This points to it being an interesting game, hopefully. Cincinnati’s biggest question mark is coaching and play calling. We are all interested in seeing this today.
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: BoltBeat: Bengals-Chargers Pre-Game Roster Comparison - KillerGoose - 09-13-2020, 11:26 AM