Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
The National Review defends Bernie on rape essay
(05-31-2015, 03:16 PM)BmorePat87 Wrote: Of course I did. I'm educated and capable of understanding something written above an 8th grade reading level. Really wasn't that hard of a read. Maybe for you. But, you're probably right that the point of the essay was definitely the part in the first two paragraphs and not the other 9, lol...

And to answer your question, because whether he's talking about gender roles or sexual fantasies, it's an unnecessary distraction that can cause the uneducated to not vote for you. 

Nobody is debating that the intent of his article is to discuss gender roles and stereotypes. I read that he used the other 9 paragraphs to explain why males and females have such fantasies. You read them to explain why he thinks they do not. No doubt one of us was able to comprehend the message of article, lol... 

I have read what his camp had to say about the article and nowhere do they state that Bernie didn't think these things.

They do bring up broad statements such as "stupid", "not his opinion on women's rights", ect... but nowhere do they suggest that he didn't think individuals actually had these fantasies.  But somehow a middle school teacher from a message board has cracked the code.

What exactly in the other 9 paragraphs leads you to believe that he didn't mean what he stated in the opening?
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Messages In This Thread