Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
The Good, Bad, and 5up/5down: Week 1
(09-14-2020, 11:50 AM)kalibengal Wrote: Agree with much of this and wanted to add a few things I observed:
Good:
ADG looked good out there..flying around showing why we drafted him. I think he starts eventually
Bynes may prove to be one the better FA signings ever if he keeps this up...the entire LB unit looks much better and I think he is a big reason  
Bates was awsome and looked like a Probowler out there and loved the aggressiveness on runs 
Jonah, shaky start but seemed to settle in later and I didnt notice him much which is good with OL.
Price, I thought they played better when he came in for XSF
Burrow, rookie QB, running for his life most of 1st half and kept his composure and made some great throws when it mattered. I think we have a good one here.
Phillips: I thought he overall played a solid game and will keep improving
WJ: Played a good game as well and made some plays
Brandon Wilson: showing he got skillz 

Bad:
Hart: does he have compromising pictures of Mike Brown? He is horrible and is going to get Burrow injured or "bungalized" WHY THE F DIDNT THEY make a trade, SIGN A JASON PETERS OR DRAFT ANOTHER OT IN TOP 3 ROUNDS to ensure their prize QB stays clean? Boggles the mind.... 
Randy : thx for reminding us we are still the Bungals until further  notice
ZT: clock management issues..I feel like we are watching Marvin Jr out there
We have no "sizzle" in our pass rush. Looks anemic against a average OL and they continue to ignore specialty players like this in draft and FA. 
Sample: didnt know he was even on field..looking more and more like a wasted high pick
Tate: what happened to him? Was he in there at end? thats his time to shine

On clock management this is only being criticized because that AJ touchdown pass was overturned otherwise everyone says we got it just right. Even when it was overturned there was still time to kick a gimme FG to take it into overtime. 

I had Sample and Phillips the other way round. Will be interesting to see how they graded out.
Most disappointing receiver was surely Ross. He appears to be too inconsistent to plan around.
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: The Good, Bad, and 5up/5down: Week 1 - TJHoushmandzadeh's Shiny Shoes - 09-14-2020, 12:15 PM