Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
The Good, Bad, and 5up/5down: Week 1
Considering we have a lot of new faces, no preseason, a rookie QB and very little training camp, I think the team overall played well, except the OL especially Hart.

The defense was solid, and if they had a little help from the O, they would've looked even better.

Its hard to tell about the offense because they couldnt block well enough to give Mixon holes or protect Burrow for more than a second, if that. Hart got chewed up and spit out way to often. The Mixon fumble hurt really bad, but he is not a fumbler and it was a perfect hit to knock the ball out. Just one of those things, but it was very bad timing for sure. The game winning drive was nice to see, and we were robbed with the call. Despite the fact that "technically" it was the right call, they let Mike Williams get away with it all day, and the CB on that play was a very good actor. Good for Burrow to lead us down the field in the first place. He was lighting it up on that drive.

ST was decent outside of the Randy shank/fake cramp.

Everything that happened can be cleaned up easily and I think it will. I just worry about RT most of all. Hart really looked bad out there. I dont think Fred Johnson would do worse at all. Turner has to get those guys playing better. Randy is Randy. He is our kicker. He's never been popular with the fans, and he showed why. Mr anti-clutch.

I expect to see us get better as the year goes on.
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: The Good, Bad, and 5up/5down: Week 1 - bengaloo - 09-14-2020, 01:10 PM