Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Would you take a $10 parking ticket to court?
(09-15-2020, 04:23 PM)fredtoast Wrote: You completely missed the point.  It was not about chalking the tires.  It is about the fact that the police officer LIED about him being charged for removing the chalk and then later LIED about him being parked for 2 hours.

And although you are entitled to your opinion about the practice the fact is that courts have ruled that police are not allowed to touch or mark your vehicle in order to enforce parking laws.  That constitutes a trespass on private property and it is unreasonable because they do it to all cars without any probable cause of illegal activity.  So the police are knowingly violating the Constitution.

So which part of the police behavior in this situation is "being right" or "doing right" 

Of course it's about chalking the tires. The situation escalated when Matt's friend removed the chalk. How is that not about chalking the tires?

As I gave in my initial response. Why not just go up to the LEO and ask why he/she chalked the tires.

I can't believe the mental gymnastics folks go through to always paint the LEO as wrong.
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Would you take a $10 parking ticket to court? - bfine32 - 09-15-2020, 04:41 PM