Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 1 Average
Playing the "called me racist" card.
(09-15-2020, 04:21 PM)Sociopathicsteelerfan Wrote: Interesting point, although I don't think it's as universal as that.  I will say that being white is the "next best thing" to being Chinese if you're in China or Japanese if you're in Japan.  I'm sure someone here will try and spin that statement way beyond what I'm actually saying.  The real question is why would that be the case?  Is it as simple as western culture being so dominant?  The follow up to that would be why is western culture so dominant?  Ans I suppose the follow up to that would be is that a bad thing?

Well, it isn't that simple, but it is one of the larger contributing factors. Some look to colonial influence that still exists in many places (at least where the current governments aren't hostile towards that old influence), and I'm sure there are others. The problem is that this question can never truly be answered because there is no way to get a true experiment to discover the causal relationship.
"A great democracy has got to be progressive, or it will soon cease to be either great or a democracy..." - TR

"The test of our progress is not whether we add more to the abundance of those who have much; it is whether we provide enough for those who have too little." - FDR
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Playing the "called me racist" card. - Belsnickel - 09-15-2020, 07:18 PM