Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 4 Average
TV viewership down 13% NFL Debut
(09-15-2020, 07:02 PM)Crazyjdawg Wrote: The rioting and looting is something that was inevitable, unfortunately. As Martin Luther King Jr said, "A riot is the language of the unheard." He did not support the riots of the 1960s, but he understood where they came from. When a group of people are oppressed and/or mistreated and they feel like they are not being represented by their elected officials, they are prone to acting out in destructive ways. In this case, the people who believe they are being mistreated are black people or similar protesters. The form by which they are being mistreated being the police (and, to an extent, society in general). So the anti-police rhetoric is also inevitable. If you believe the entire structure of policing in this country is corrupt or racist, of course you are going to believe that police themselves are a mechanism of oppression, even if the individual policemen are polite or respectful between perceived injustices.

And this is not even getting into the fact that police in many cases created the rioting by responding violently to otherwise peaceful protesters. There's a ton of video evidence, none more evident than when Donald Trump forcibly cleared out a peaceful protest so he could walk to a church for a photo op.

Studies indicate 93% of protests were peaceful (I'm not sure if the protests that began peaceful and became violent once police intervened are included in the 93%, but I imagine they are not.)

Don't let the 7% distract you from the 93%.

The looting, on the other hand, just seems like opportunism. If you know the police are going to be occupied with protests and/or rioting, you may be inclined to take advantage of the chaos to rob some stores. I doubt they are associated with the protest at all. They likely do not have social justice in mind when looting.

As far as school choice, I'm not familiar. Is that an initiative of some kind in Congress?
I certainly understand what you are saying.  We have different viewpoints on some of it, but that's ok.  :)

Here is a link to School choice...........I have no idea if this site is left, right or somewhere in between.
https://www.edchoice.org/school-choice/what-is-school-choice/
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
TV viewership down 13% NFL Debut - Luvnit2 - 09-11-2020, 07:13 PM
RE: TV viewership down 13% NFL Debut - CJD - 09-15-2020, 01:27 PM
RE: TV viewership down 13% NFL Debut - CJD - 09-15-2020, 01:46 PM
RE: TV viewership down 13% NFL Debut - CJD - 09-15-2020, 02:18 PM
RE: TV viewership down 13% NFL Debut - CJD - 09-15-2020, 03:54 PM
RE: TV viewership down 13% NFL Debut - CJD - 09-15-2020, 07:02 PM
RE: TV viewership down 13% NFL Debut - Mickeypoo - 09-15-2020, 07:26 PM
RE: TV viewership down 13% NFL Debut - CJD - 09-16-2020, 09:01 AM
RE: TV viewership down 13% NFL Debut - CJD - 09-15-2020, 04:06 PM