Thread Rating:
  • 7 Vote(s) - 4.29 Average
Coronavirus Information...who do you trust?
(09-16-2020, 02:26 PM)Mickeypoo Wrote: I appreciate your response and read the whole thing.  I don't have time to go point by point.

One thing I will comment on is the nursing home deaths.  You asked how those nursing homes got infected if they were isolated?  You are apparently not familiar with our awesome Governor Cuomo, plus multiple other states who FORCED nursing homes to bring back Covid positive patients.  And at least in NY, Trump brought a Naval ship in and constructed extra beds when we thought the Hospitals were going to get overwhelmed and instead of using those resources for the infected nursing home patients that were infected, Cuomo made the nursing homes take back the infected patients.  Cuomo even praised Trump early on for everything he did for NY.

Lets assume all my numbers are wrong.

Can we at least agree there are approx 325,000,000 people in the US, there are as of today 6.61M cases and 197,00 deaths over a 7 month period?

And can we agree that 40+% of all Covid deaths are from nursing homes?

And can we also agree the high risk population is Elderly, Elderly with comorbitities and anyone with comorbitities?

If we can agree on those readily available facts, how can you look at those numbers and think we should be locked down (causing huge problems, maybe worse than Covid itself), destroying our economy, canceling sports for kids, destroying peoples livelihoods and keeping kids out of school?

I'm sorry, that is completely irrational to me.  Open fully, wear a mask if it makes you feel better and get on with life.  Not directed at you personally.

EDIT****  I will add this, if 60% of all people have comorbitities and are truly at risk, then why is such a small amount of people effected out of the 6.61M?  Once you subtract elderly and elderly with comorbitities I believe you at far less than 100,000.  Again, showing the risk is minimal, especially when compared to the entire population of 325,000,000.

I will address specific points later.

Meanwhile, tell me what Covid 19 precautions your hospital has implemented to protect their patients and staff from Covid 19 then explain why they’re wrong and you’re right. “It’s just my opinion” is not an explanation.
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Coronavirus Information...who do you trust? - oncemoreuntothejimbreech - 09-16-2020, 02:47 PM