Thread Rating:
  • 7 Vote(s) - 4.29 Average
Coronavirus Information...who do you trust?
(09-16-2020, 11:15 PM)Mickeypoo Wrote: All i'm saying is masks should be optional.  If a business wants to require them for entry fine.  If employers want to mandate them fine.  Let the country open up, try to social distance if possible and where a mask if required by the business/employer.

Show me where I called for a single mask mandate. You can’t because I didn’t. I’d settle for a President who doesn’t lie about the need for wearing them so he could have avoided declaring a state of emergency after sitting with his thumb up his ass for 2.5 months.

Quote:The ancillary harm of the lock downs is quite large and depending how long certain states stay locked down could potentially due more damage than Covid itself.

Name these mysteriously nonspecific ancillary harms. And remember, it’s 200K dead and climbing in 6 months and we’re probably not even halfway to a vaccine.

Quote:How about a suicide by a restaurant owner who lost everything because a state wants to stay locked down?  And how does that death effect the persons entire family and how does that negatively impact other people and family members.  How about all the employees who can't work there and over the years the number of people that may have worked there and the income it would have generated for their families.  The restaurant could have been passed down through the family providing income and pride and employment for possibly decades.

Now multiple the suffering for that one person x 200K Covid deaths and climbing.

You keep claiming there isn’t any evidence to support lock downs, so I’d like to see your data on lockdown related suicides and child abuse.

Quote:How about all the kids in abusive homes under normal circumstances.  Now they are stuck home possibly with an abusive parent/s who is even more pissed off and frustrated because they lost their job. 

Show me the data. I grew up in an abusive home. As much as it sucked, I’d prefer it to death. Because the beatings eventually stopped. Death is permanent.

Quote:How about the crushing of our economy and the 10's and 10's of millions of people it will effect for years or decades to come.  Potentially life savings gone, businesses ruined, lives ruined, psychological damage, kids abused, education lost, kids sports gone which are sometimes life savers for kids.

The economy recovered after the pandemic in 1918.

All that’s important. Which is why we need we need strategies to avoid lock downs. Not lies and political rallies which helped spread the disease leading to the lockdowns.

Quote:At what point do you say enough!  Open up and work through Covid without lock downs.  Millions of people are not dying and it does not appear anything remotely close to that is going to happen.  

After your tutorial on the mortality rate of 3% producing 9M deaths you still don’t get it.

Quote:I don't care how stupid, uneducated, dumb, stupid, etc, etc you think my opinion is.  For all the smart people on here, I have yet to see ONE conversation about the glaring issue of the ancillary harms vs Covid itself.

Let’s talk about them. Because so far all you’ve offered is speculation and fear mongering and little to no actual facts. Careful, you don’t want to start a panic. So maybe you should just lie to us about how the ancillary harms are a Democrat hoax. You know, for our own good.

Quote:200K deaths over 7 months of mostly elderly and elderly with comorbitities and 40%+ of that number is from nursing home deaths and a huge % of that 40+% is from just 2 states, NY and NJ!

Remember back in March when Trump said keeping Covid deaths under 100K would be a good job? I do. Well, all I got to say is, “MISSION ACCOMPLISHED!”

Quote:Sorry, no way in hell you convince me we should be locked down.  We need to open it all back up!

Hell, I can’t educate you on masks. I’m not a miracle worker.
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Coronavirus Information...who do you trust? - oncemoreuntothejimbreech - 09-17-2020, 12:09 AM