Thread Rating:
  • 7 Vote(s) - 4.29 Average
Coronavirus Information...who do you trust?
(09-17-2020, 09:34 AM)Mickeypoo Wrote: Sometimes it's the simple minded that have the easiest time seeing the forest through the trees.

As it stands right now, with all the current numbers, the likelihood of a healthy individual dying from Covid in the US is around .01% and possibly much less.  

The odds of an infected, healthy individual dying from Covid in the US is .7% and that is being extremely generous with the numbers.  I used 25% of deaths as healthy individuals.  The real number is probably closer to .3% - .5%.

But ya, let's keep it all locked down.  You can say i'm uneducated and too stupid to discuss lock downs, but you cannot change those numbers and you cannot change the harm being done by the lock downs.  KISS applies here.

Do you have a source for your numbers or info? Or at least show your work.  To say I'm skeptical is an understatement.

Here's an analysis of the numbers by John Hopkins . . .

https://coronavirus.jhu.edu/data/mortality

Their numbers are significantly different than your numbers.  Same applies to credibility.  If forced to choose between believing John Hopkins or the guy who learned how to calculate 25% off socks at Walmart less than 24 hours ago, I'm gonna go with John Hopkins.  You wanna know why?  They know what they're talking about.  How's that for KISS?

Also, I didn't say you were uneducated and stupid.  I said your opinion on masks and epidemiology data is uninformed and uneducated because 1) you admitted you don't know how masks work therefore you aren't qualified to advise the hospital you work at on mask protocols let alone the entire country, 2) you didn't know how to calculate percentages until the last night.  Those are facts, not opinions.  Like Trump, I'm just telling it like it is.  Except, unlike Trump, I literally mean what I just wrote.

You don't even know enough to know when to be quiet.  Do you wanna know why I don't hand out IT security advice? Because I don't know what the F I'm talking about when it comes to IT security. I defer to the experts and keep my uniformed opinions to myself.
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Coronavirus Information...who do you trust? - oncemoreuntothejimbreech - 09-17-2020, 10:38 AM