Thread Rating:
  • 7 Vote(s) - 4.29 Average
Coronavirus Information...who do you trust?
(09-17-2020, 10:38 AM)oncemoreuntothejimbreech Wrote: Do you have a source for your numbers or info? Or at least show your work.  To say I'm skeptical is an understatement.

Here's an analysis of the numbers by John Hopkins . . .

https://coronavirus.jhu.edu/data/mortality

Their numbers are significantly different than your numbers.  Same applies to credibility.  If forced to choose between believing John Hopkins or the guy who learned how to calculate 25% off socks at Walmart less than 24 hours ago, I'm gonna go with John Hopkins.  You wanna know why?  They know what they're talking about.  How's that for KISS?

Also, I didn't say you were uneducated and stupid.  I said your opinion on masks and epidemiology data is uninformed and uneducated because 1) you admitted you don't know how masks work therefore you aren't qualified to advise the hospital you work at on mask protocols let alone the entire country, 2) you didn't know how to calculate percentages until the last night.  Those are facts, not opinions.  Like Trump, I'm just telling it like it is.  Except, unlike Trump, I literally mean what I just wrote.

You don't even know enough to know when to be quiet.  Do you wanna know why I don't hand out IT security advice? Because I don't know what the F I'm talking about when it comes to IT security. I defer to the experts and keep my uniformed opinions to myself.
Same numbers I keep using.  200K deaths.  6.61M infected.  40+% of the 200K deaths from nursing homes.  325M US population.  Covid deaths by age.  See link. And now I can do percentages!!!!  I feel so powerful!!  lol.  Thanks PhilHos!!

https://www.cdc.gov/nchs/nvss/vsrr/covid_weekly/index.htm

If 50K perfectly healthy, but infected people die out of the 6.61M infected people, that is a mortality rate of .0075 or .75%.  I'm pretty sure 25% of all Covid deaths were not perfectly healthy, but infected individuals.  Credit to PhilHos for the math lesson!

I will ask again, you think we should be locked down and crushing our economy, hurting 10's of millions of people and causing untold ancillary damage that could possibly reverberate for years or decades to come for a mortality rate of healthy, infected individuals of realistically .3-.5%?

And total Covid deaths across the USA = .059% 

Literally no need to cite Trump in what you typed, but people just can't contain the hate.  TDS is real.

Thanks for the heads up.   Wink
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Coronavirus Information...who do you trust? - Mickeypoo - 09-17-2020, 12:11 PM