Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 1 Average
Playing the "called me racist" card.
(09-15-2020, 03:23 PM)fredtoast Wrote: I have heard an awful lot of people complaining about being called racist, but I am not really seeing it. I have even heard some people here in this forum complain about being called racist, but I have not seen it.  On Fox I saw Greg Gutfeld say that he was not going to watch NFL games because he did not want to see "overpaid hypocrites (Yes, Gutfeld actually called someone else an 'overpaid hypocrite'LOLcalling him a racist".  So when I watched the NFL games and I did not see anyone calling Gutfeld or anyone else a racist.  

Seems like just another case of people creating their own victim card.  

So has anyone here actually been called a racist?  I don't mean just people complaining about or disagreeing with your opinion on social justice issues.  I mean someone actually directly calling you a racist.

I've been called "racist" in this forum a couple of times.

Or maybe better to say I was called a "real" racist.

That is the post-racist term for white people who raise and analyze race issues, especially systemic racism.

https://www.leader-call.com/opinion/columnists/will-the-real-racists-please-stand-up/article_711a0a7e-d359-11ea-9e70-2f795d550909.html
https://nymag.com/intelligencer/2019/08/heather-macdonald-donald-trump-not-racist.html

"The Limits of Trump’s White Identity Politics: The president is casting Democrats as the real racists to energize his base, but in doing so he’s hindering his capacity to reach beyond it." https://www.theatlantic.com/politics/archive/2019/08/trump-2020-democrats-racism/596155/

For the Trump coalition, “an important part of their worldview is victimization and being aggrieved,” says the Democratic pollster Cornell Belcher, who has extensively studied attitudes on race relations. “This continues the victimization narrative.”

Trump’s insistence that he is not bigoted—and that critics such as Democratic Representative Elijah Cummings of Maryland are the real racists—echoes his response to the allegations of sexual misconduct against Supreme Court Justice Brett Kavanaugh during his contentious nomination in the fall. Trump responded to those accusations not by empathizing with women, but by declaring: “It is a very scary time for young men in America, where you can be guilty of something you may not be guilty of.”

Both then and now, Trump advanced the same argument: The problem isn’t discrimination against minorities or women pressing for equal treatment; it is that those groups are unfairly accusing white people and men of treating them inequitably.

But otherwise you are right, Fred. Here and around the nation all kinds of white people who have never been called racist are tired of being called racist.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Playing the "called me racist" card. - Dill - 09-17-2020, 12:33 PM