Thread Rating:
  • 4 Vote(s) - 2.25 Average
***Week 2 GameDay Thread - Bengals @ Browns***
(09-18-2020, 12:11 AM)crosley19 Wrote: New user but don’t know how to start a thread.  Here’s the truth.

They say the game is won in the trenches. Both of ours are terrible.  I think our defensive line can be addressed the easiest.  Dunlap is old and not as explosive, Atkins is hurt, reader is a great one trick pony, Lawson is a good one trick pony but in reverse, Hubbard is a good backup. We need a great (not even elite) pass rusher.  That would go a long way.

Our offensive line is horrendous.  Burrow is probably our second most impactful player outside of green (Boyd is good but doesn’t impact the game in a dramatic way - I’ll hit on this later) Hopkins outplayed his ability last year. He’s not terrible but he isn’t dominant either.  Jonah is learning and hard to judge what he might become.  Our right side is just a disaster and needs to be fixed.  The problem is drafting is unpredictable.  And no team gives up a great lineman who is asking for his value or less monetarily.  So we’re stuck with drafting (take time to develop unless they’re absolute freaks) or finding diamond in the rough.  

The point is... both lines need help.  Defense can be addressed in one swoop but that leaves our franchise qb vulnerable.

Carl Lawson has actually been playing early downs and not looking bad against the run.
I have the Heart of a Lion! I also have a massive fine and a lifetime ban from the Pittsburgh Zoo...

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: ***Week 2 GameDay Thread - Bengals @ Browns*** - IcoHolic - 09-17-2020, 10:02 PM
RE: ***Week 2 GameDay Thread - Bengals @ Browns*** - IcoHolic - 09-17-2020, 10:16 PM
RE: ***Week 2 GameDay Thread - Bengals @ Browns*** - IcoHolic - 09-17-2020, 11:05 PM
RE: ***Week 2 GameDay Thread - Bengals @ Browns*** - IcoHolic - 09-17-2020, 11:53 PM
RE: ***Week 2 GameDay Thread - Bengals @ Browns*** - Synric - 09-18-2020, 12:12 AM