Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Why is the Muslim religion a "religion of peace"?
Benton: one difference with Christianity. I wouldn't argue people commit horrible acts in it's name, but that's not in accordance with the teaching. Most Christians cherry pick from the ot to allow for human nature. It allows for violence and grievances to be settled. Most Christians can't handle what Christ called for, nonviolence and forgiveness.

---------

How is there a difference there? Muslims (and non-Muslims) cherry pick from the Koran to defend (or condemn) the actions of followers of Islam. Christians (and non-Christians) cherry pick from the Bible to defend (or condemn) the actions of followers of Christianity. But the vast majority of members of both religions and most experts on their sacred texts will tell you violence is inconsistent with the teachings of these religions. I really don't see a difference.
JOHN ROBERTS: From time to time in the years to come, I hope you will be treated unfairly so that you will come to know the value of justice... I wish you bad luck, again, from time to time so that you will be conscious of the role of chance in life and understand that your success is not completely deserved and that the failure of others is not completely deserved either.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Why is the Muslim religion a "religion of peace"? - xxlt - 10-24-2015, 11:43 AM