Thread Rating:
  • 7 Vote(s) - 4.29 Average
Coronavirus Information...who do you trust?
(09-17-2020, 12:11 PM)Mickeypoo Wrote: Same numbers I keep using.  200K deaths.  6.61M infected.  40+% of the 200K deaths from nursing homes.  325M US population.  Covid deaths by age.  See link. And now I can do percentages!!!!  I feel so powerful!!  lol.  Thanks PhilHos!!

If you're using the same numbers as John Hopkins why is their number 3% and your number is .75%?

Quote:https://www.cdc.gov/nchs/nvss/vsrr/covid_weekly/index.htm

If 50K perfectly healthy, but infected people die out of the 6.61M infected people, that is a mortality rate of .0075 or .75%.

Where are you getting that number?

Also from the place of death table from your link: inpatient healthcare setting 118,222, nursing home/long term care facility 39,010.

Total Covid deaths: 182,095.

Do the percentages for me.

Also, after looking it up your 40% claim includes residents and staff. Do you have a source that separates those two groups?

Quote:I'm pretty sure 25% of all Covid deaths were not perfectly healthy, but infected individuals.  Credit to PhilHos for the math lesson!

So you're pretty sure 25% of Covid deaths were infected with Covid?  That's a bold statement.  Would you say that 25% of cancer deaths are due to cancer?

Quote:I will ask again, you think we should be locked down and crushing our economy, hurting 10's of millions of people and causing untold ancillary damage that could possibly reverberate for years or decades to come for a mortality rate of healthy, infected individuals of realistically .3-.5%?

And total Covid deaths across the USA = .059% 

Literally no need to cite Trump in what you typed, but people just can't contain the hate.  TDS is real.

Thanks for the heads up.   Wink

I didn't call for lockdowns.  I stated we probably could have avoided them if we did basic mitigation strategies like wearing face coverings like the CDC recommended. 

TDS is real, but not how you think.  If you have to explain Trump really didn't mean what he said about disinfectant injections then you deranged because of Trump. 
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Coronavirus Information...who do you trust? - oncemoreuntothejimbreech - 09-18-2020, 03:59 PM