Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Mock draft giving Bengals top pick in 2021 draft - Already
(09-19-2020, 07:39 PM)Whatever Wrote: Not at all.  The Cowboys dynasty was built in a similar fashion to what we're talking about.  They drafted Aikman, then traded Walker to build around him.  Or, look at the Colts with Peyton.  It took a few years to build them up into a SB contender.  There's no guarantee that if you trade down you'll be able to get your QB the following year.  

If you don't have a QB and you're sold on the top guy, you take the QB.  If you have your QB already and you're up there, you trade down to build around him if you can.

Cowboys and Aikman was how many decades ago? The game has changed alot since then.

Peyton, that is a better example and how long did it take that team to get a championship? 

As I said to Nico, I am sold on the Chiefs model of building a team. Build a line, build a defense, get good coaching in place, get some weapons and then you sell your draft away to move up and get your guy. 

Who cares if you give up pick 32 the following year? I'd give up the last pick of the first round the next year if you got the franchise QB when he had a chance to succeed.

[Image: bengals08-1-800small.jpg]

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Mock draft giving Bengals top pick in 2021 draft - Already - Murdock2420 - 09-19-2020, 08:03 PM