Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Is the John Ross Experiment near its end
(09-19-2020, 07:56 PM)Essex Johnson Wrote: In two games, Ross has 2 catches for 17 yards.. I believe he is in the top 2 of most plays at WR..   How much longer do we play a guy who continues to not perform and disappear in games. I think if he does not show something by game 5, we start players other WRs more.

Thoughts?

My personal opinion is that they should start giving Mike Thomas the majority of the #3 WR snaps.  He has deep speed and at least on the surface has outplayed Ross the first two weeks of the season.

The actual answer is a lot more complex.  Being fair to Ross, he was open for a deep TD against LA and Burrow just overthrew him.  He was also running wide open along the end line on the ill fated AJ Green opi call.  Fans put a guy in their doghouse and try to rationalize how everything bad that happens around them is their fault, often because they're pushing an agenda that someone else should play and/or trying to deflect criticism from another player.  Fans get into their minds that a starter is terrible and any scrub is an upgrade.  That proves to be bs 9 times out of 10, but they do it anyway.  A good coach looks at the film dispassionately and assigns blame appropriately.  They also look at what the player does every snap, not just the snaps the ball comes to him.  They look at practice and meetings, which we don't have access to.  There can be a ton of reasons we don't see as to why one WR plays over another.  With Ross, he's been the #3 through two different HC's and OC's, so there's obviously something there the coaches see that his detractors don't.  
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Is the John Ross Experiment near its end - Whatever - 09-20-2020, 03:23 AM