Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
How Long Will the Rebuilding Take?
(09-20-2020, 03:39 PM)McC Wrote: First of all, Lou was the DB coach in NY, so you can't really say HE had a terrible defense when he was a position coach.   Right off the bat, most of the crux of your argument is wrong.

I'm not saying he is doing a great job, but if his guys get suckered on naked bootlegs and bite on poorly executed double moves and don't tackle guys they have their hands on and the DE's don't set the edge on the run, how is it that some people are so convinced that the DC is so terrible?

The coordinator's job is to put his people in position to make plays.  It sure looked to me like that was happening Thursday night.  If those plays are made, we're having a whole different conversation.

Half his defense is new guys who had on off season program or preseason games to clean things up.

I can't believe how some people are losing their shit over two losses by a total of eight points to two teams who were both favored in those games.

The Giants secondary was the problem with that defense. That’s a direct reflection of Lou.

I saw the game completely differently. I saw corners playing bump man and being completely blown by, which is something a coach can account for by not calling that type of coverage. Falling for a bootleg is something that can be coached on, guys were unprepared for it. The players are a reflection of the coach IMO, but I think it’s safe to say both are subpar right now.
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: How Long Will the Rebuilding Take? - GreenCornBengal - 09-20-2020, 04:12 PM