Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Burrow's first 2 games: 'making his own mark in the NFL'
(09-21-2020, 01:51 PM)fredtoast Wrote: I can't help but think that coaching has something to do with the problems in our passing game.

No matter how much you like or hate Dalton you have to admit that the drop off from 2018 to 2019 was dramatic. I can't believe he forgot how to play QB in just a few months between those two seasons. And Dalton had played with weak O-lines before. So I don't think we can blame it all on that.

If we don't have a passing scheme that creates mismatches in coverage or gets our receivers open then NO QUARTERBACK is going to look very good.

I think his age and injuries caught up to him. He injured his thumb in 2018 and I don’t think his passes came out quite the same since. His mobility got worse as he got older and with the now terrible protection it was hard for him to deal with.

Burrow and Dalton are not so different but Burrow is bounds better in mobility. Both still getting killed back there on certain plays but there are a few where Burrow has been able to slide around that I don’t think Andy would’ve done the same.
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Burrow's first 2 games - Sled21 - 09-18-2020, 12:20 PM
RE: Burrow's first 2 games: 'making his own mark in the NFL' - GreenCornBengal - 09-21-2020, 01:59 PM