Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Top 10 Paid RBs Status Check After 2 Weeks
(09-23-2020, 10:41 AM)higgy100 Wrote: Do you realize he caught 4 balls for 40 yards with 2 being for 1st downs against the Stains? To call him not a good pass catcher or for having a lack of production points far more to the QB and offensive scheme. Cinci. under Dalton was always a vertical , downfield passing team.

I like the fact that Burrow can survey the field and check off and check down to find Mixon in the flat or underneath the coverage. Burrow knows there ain't a WR on the team he can trust at this point.

Unless Mixon drops passes then there's no basis to get on him. It's not like a hitter in baseball where you can call him a bad curve ball hitter or a guy that can't produce hitting curve balls because there are concrete, tangible stats that prove it.

You pay for production in this league.  (Mixon has yet to produce even a 300 yard receiving season.)

Meanwhile, some of his peers that are among the highest paid, have produced multiple 700+ yard seasons.  Until Mixon shows that he can contribute similarly to this level I can't assume anything about his ability.  If he's not asked to do these things (even though capable) then he shouldn't be paid for them. 

My point is that we're paying for a low 4's YPC running back, that racks yards on volume.  This is a back, that for whatever reason, does not produce in the pass game.  This to me, doesn't scream someone who should be paid near the top.

Fwiw, as of right now, Mixon is on pace for 40 receptions for 336 yards.  His totals the previous 3 years are as follows: 287, 296, 287.

Now it's still early, and you may be right, maybe Joe Burrows leads to a huge spike in production for Mixon in the pass game.  But two games in, it's shaping up to be much of the same.  Even with that 4 balls for 40 yards against the Stains.
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Top 10 Paid RBs Status Check After 2 Weeks - Wes Mantooth - 09-23-2020, 10:55 AM