Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Burrow's first 2 games: 'making his own mark in the NFL'
(09-23-2020, 07:36 PM)Essex Johnson Wrote: Duh.. I am comparing the two because they were picked as our "franchise qbs" and you are correct Burrow should be held to a higher standard.. with this resume.. as you should also.... 

As for you actually knowing what I felt about Dalton being released, if you look back at my posts I understood the release.. that does not mean i was totally on board picking Burrow.. look back at my posts it was not about Dalton but about what we might be able to get with trading back knowing we had more issues than QB.. I did like Herbert and felt i would be open to a trade back if we could get him and more.  

Which, looking back, you have a great point. Miami had how many picks in the 1st round? Can you imagine the damage we could have done at improving this OL and more defense? Maybe they talked and Miami wasn't as sweet on the deal as we wanted? Hard to tell. However, I think I still would have stayed the course and picked Burrow. With the kids resume, how could you not? One thing Burrow has shown is that he doesn't need others to write his own history. Dude is doing excellent despite the support around him. OL = fail. Ross = fail. AJ = mediocre. Mixon = mediocre. Tate = unutilized. ZT = over coaching.

Over coaching, and why I use that term. Burrow audibled in the first TD against SD. He should be audibling much more often. I'm not sure he has been given that total freedom yet like an Aaron Rogers, Tom Brady, etc. Yet, I think he should be able to change any play at anytime he see's fit. He's a smart kid who knows the game. Then again, maybe he does have that option but he's not 100% confident in what he see's (NFL inexperience) so doesn't? IDK. 

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Burrow's first 2 games - Sled21 - 09-18-2020, 12:20 PM
RE: Burrow's first 2 games: 'making his own mark in the NFL' - HarleyDog - 09-23-2020, 07:46 PM