Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
We need a defensive playmaker in the worst way.
(09-23-2020, 08:58 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: Geno and Williams both played last year, and the defense was terrible. It was the new guys that were supposed to help the most. And while Reader hasn’t be bad he hasn’t exactly lived up to expectations either. We’re getting gashed on the ground just as badly as ever.

Vonn Bell has been disappointing so far. Maybe Waynes would have made a difference, but I doubt it. This team has no pass rush. Nothing is going to improve until that happens. The LBers were a huge problem against Cleveland as well.

And the new guys will help a lot, once they get some continuity as a group.  It takes reps together, to build a unit.  Missing OTAs and preseason games hurt the defense tremendously.  Everyone knows that you can't just throw a collection of players together and expect them to perform like a seasoned unit.  It will take a little time together and for them to get healthy, and then you will see them perform like the professionals they are.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: We need a defensive playmaker in the worst way. - SunsetBengal - 09-23-2020, 09:07 PM