Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Burrow's first 2 games: 'making his own mark in the NFL'
(09-23-2020, 07:36 PM)Essex Johnson Wrote: Duh.. I am comparing the two because they were picked as our "franchise qbs" and you are correct Burrow should be held to a higher standard.. with this resume.. as you should also.... 

As for you actually knowing what I felt about Dalton being released, if you look back at my posts I understood the release.. that does not mean i was totally on board picking Burrow.. look back at my posts it was not about Dalton but about what we might be able to get with trading back knowing we had more issues than QB.. I did like Herbert and felt i would be open to a trade back if we could get him and more.  

Fair enough. I'm just saying that i got the distinct feeling that your posts implied that Burrow better come in and light it up right away, or he was going to be deemed "not as good/successful as Dalton". I doubt i was the only one. 

Regarding Dalton, he wasn't picked as the "franchise QB" in the same sense Burrow was. Dalton was one of the top 5 or 6 QBs that year that had a chance to come in and start from the jump. The Bengals were fortunate that he turned out the way he did, helping them to the playoffs all those years, compared to guys like Gabbert, Locker, Ponder, etc. 

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Burrow's first 2 games - Sled21 - 09-18-2020, 12:20 PM
RE: Burrow's first 2 games: 'making his own mark in the NFL' - rfaulk34 - 09-23-2020, 09:08 PM