Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
We need a defensive playmaker in the worst way.
(09-23-2020, 06:12 PM)J24 Wrote: 1.) We have had a Hall of Famer game changer on defense for the past decade and his name is Geno Atkins on defense. Vontaze was overrated as a player and more importantly as a leader.

2.) I would say we have 5 guys that can take over games anytime they want. 2 are much older now but still can get it done in Geno & Dunlap.
The other three though run hot & Cold.
1.) Bates- he showed how impactful he can be against the Chargers but then he lays an egg against the Browns.
2.) Lawson- one of the better pass rushers in the league. His only question is can he stay healthy.
3.) Jackson-  maybe the most frustrating player on the team? When he plays up to his billing he is all pro but he hasn't shown that enough.

3.) I think there is hope for ADG- he reminds me a lot like Devin Bush. Not sure about Wilson or Pratt though.

Even though I don't agree with your stance, let's assume you're right in that any of Atkins, Dunlap, Bates, WJ3, and Lawson could take over games anytime they want.

If that was true, why haven't they done so in the first two games this year, or help win more games last year?
If they truly could take over games anytime they want, I'd expect them to have double-digit sacks and TFLs (for DL) or 6+ turnovers every year.

The closest one I would say is truly that guy is probably Atkins, but I dunno if I'd put him in that category anymore either.

For the others...
WJ3 has never had more than 1 INT and 1 fumble recovery in a season.
Bates has not had more than 3 INTs and 1 FF and FR in a season.
Lawson has never had more than 8.5 sacks and 8 TFLs in a season.
Dunlap had only 1 season with double-digit sacks and TFLs, and that was 5 years ago.

I think all of those guys are good players, but only Atkins is the only one who has been a true consistent game changer throughout his career IMO. Dunlap is obviously next closest. The other 3 haven't shown enough game changing plays yet to be close to that.
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: We need a defensive playmaker in the worst way. - ochocincos - 09-24-2020, 01:49 PM