Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Cheyenne - Gonna miss the old girl
Thanks everyone for the kind words. It's was a much rougher day than I anticipated. I know I didn't want to be at work, but didn't want to be home either because of the void. I honestly take dogs for granted. They wait all day to see you, and sometimes when you walk in and you first have to feed them and let them out, etc. Sometimes, It seems like more work instead of enjoyment. I love our dogs and they are great. However, in all honesty, I feel horrible when I compare the amount of time spent with them vs. the amount of time they miss me. I guess some of us can be guilty in the offset of priorities we see and what the dog sees because, well, we got shit to do. I guess it can be the same with children. Have to work late, have to go away for a few weeks or months for work, have to spend hours on useless conference calls on holidays, birthdays, etc. Then when you get time off, sometimes your too effin tired to do anything.

I've heard some people say losing a pet is like losing a child. Well, I don't buy that. I've lost both and losing a dog is nothing comparable to losing a child. Not in a million years. But it hurts pretty bad nonetheless.

Geez, you'd think I could just simply say thanks to everyone without typing a lot. Just a void day where I don't quite feel right. Normal is not normal anymore and in time, a new norm will set in with happy memories replacing grief. I have to lead a drivers meeting tomorrow. FML on that one, smh. But I have to go on with it - but doubt I have much tolerance for any shenanigans. I have a feeling I'm going to be in a fight or flight mode tomorrow morning because I don't want to be there. Yet, I will, and then come home and take my wife out to eat and maybe walk through the park or something. Or just drink with her if she wants. Doesn't matter. She's suffering way more than me to the point she just keeps blaming herself. She's been googling all this stuff about her organs shutting down and keeps finding ways to make it her fault. Regardless of what I say back, it's tough to convince her otherwise. Sounds like maybe a nice day with a lot of talking with her is in order. We don't see each other through the week.

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Cheyenne - Gonna miss the old girl - HarleyDog - 09-25-2020, 07:02 PM