Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
We need a defensive playmaker in the worst way.
(09-23-2020, 05:58 PM)Geno_Can_Dunk Wrote: Absolutely. Somehow we've been living in this myth that Geno and Carlos are still game changing defenders, and while that was true of Carlos the latter part of last year, generally speaking it hasn't been true for a few years. He hasn't been good so far this year and Geno hasn't even played.

I like guys like Bates and Hubbard, but they're not the calibre of player you're talking about.

If Penei Sewell is off the board when we pick in round 1, we might just go defensive playmaker. I have some thoughts on that but will save them for much later in the year.

I'm not some defensive guru, but correct me if I'm wrong... Isn't it harder for pass rushers like Carlos, Geno, or Hubbard to actually rush the QB when they're playing from behind all the time, and the other team is running it up our behinds? The last stretch of games that we were actually winning was early 2018. Go back and look at what those guys were doing then.

We need better corners/ CB play. We put a premium on the position during the 2000's and most of the past 10 years. A string of meh to bad drafts took away our ability to focus on defensive guys in the first round... We were spoiled by Tory James, Joseph, Leon, Terrance Newman, and Pacman for a decade. We can't stop the run, and we don't have players who can make life miserable for receivers, or take the damn ball away with any consistency either.
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: We need a defensive playmaker in the worst way. - jason - 09-27-2020, 12:19 AM