Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Bengals Had Kroft As The Top-Rated TE
(05-31-2015, 07:39 PM)franchise18 Wrote: Reliable, sure, that's not saying much, but I think you have to give physicality to Gresham. Again, not consistently, but Kroft does not have an NFL body yet and Gresham is a physical specimin if nothing else. He could run NFL guys over when he was into it.
Gresham might be a physical specimen, but he was never really overly physical (nothing ever stands out in my mind).
(05-31-2015, 08:13 PM)Utts Wrote: This explanation suggest the Bengals are the only team that figured this out. This is a very basic part of evaluating a player, and not something that would be missed by the rest of the league. The only thing I'm wondering is why anyone would feel the need to justify this pick with such a goofy explanation.

Don't really see that as a goofy explanation, but rather a pretty good one.  He likely wouldn't have been there for our next pick, so sounds like we just saw the value as too much to pass on.

And I'm sure every other team knew about his value, but the fact that he hadn't put it on the field in a year didn't make him stand out to teams.  Maybe they knew that he'd be taken immediately after the Bengals took him.  Every other team knew how good he was and maybe the rest of the league was just playing chicken with each other to see how late they could take him, and we got the best value by taking him where we did.
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Bengals Had Kroft As The Top-Rated TE - BFritz21 - 05-31-2015, 08:46 PM