Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Zack Taylor is One of the Worst Offensive Minds I've Ever Seen
(09-27-2020, 07:32 PM)Whatever Wrote: We were not going to be a SB contender this year.  The smart move would have been to use the draft and FA to build an offense around Burrow and can Lou as the scapegoat at the end of this year, then work on the defense.  Instead, they sold out on trying to fix the defense and left the cupboard bare for Burrow.

Yea, I agree. That's why I loved the Higgins pick at 33. I had him as the 3rd best WR in the draft class, so getting him at 33 was just phenomenal value. It was basically the inverse of what we did with Green and Dalton in 2011. And then Wilson in the 3rd and ADG in the 4th I think were just pure BPA picks, as neither really should have fallen that far.

If we had known ADG would be there in the 4th, I think we would have taken Josh Jones in the 3rd but you can't tell the future during the draft.

The only pick that was bizarre to me was the 5th rounder. We could have gotten a pretty decent guard in the 5th, I think (at least, based on the draft evaluators and websites).

As far as free agency, I wish we could have gone after Conklin or maybe Bryan Bulaga but I can't fault them for trying to solve the issues of the defense. It'd be one thing if we were signing older guys to 1 year deals, but we signed young players to 3 or 4 year deals, which will pay huge dividends in the future. 

Burrow won't be ruined because of one season of bad offensive line play. As long as we focus on the Oline this coming off season, we'll be on the right track to competing.
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Zack Taylor is One of the Worst Offensive Minds I've Ever Seen - CJD - 09-27-2020, 07:41 PM