Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Zack Taylor is One of the Worst Offensive Minds I've Ever Seen
(09-27-2020, 07:32 PM)rfaulk34 Wrote: No. I think the play calls were bad--if i'm going to try a fade, maybe i do it once--but they were doing too well in the middle of the field so i think it was terrible play calling. I also think Tate could have worked harder to get to the ball. Bengals receivers seem to get out-physical'd against DBs and he's (should be) too big for that. Higgins had a catch knocked out of his hand (in overtime?) towards the end too. 

I would have no problem throwing to him on a slant or a designed back shoulder though. 
I'll be clear that I didn't have an issue with them trying something different and dressing Tate over Ross, as it's not like Ross has played well, either.  My issue is that it was obvious that they were trying to force a TD to him because he was complaining, and it was especially bad because they had the Eagles on the ropes.  If we were up 3 TD's, I wouldn't have cared.  The team always has to come first when it comes to play calling and Zac lost sight of that on that drive.

I'm not going to dog Tate's effort on the plays.  He was positionally beaten on all three.  The ball never should have gone his way on any of them.  On the first, the DB got position over the top and the only way he could have gotten to the ball was to commit OPI and run the DB over.  On the final two, the DB got inside position and you're forcing your QB to make a great throw to even give him a chance to make a play.  He was was well covered and they tried to force it to him, anyways.

On the Higgins play, if it's the one I'm thinking of, the DB grabbed his left arm just before the ball got there and he was never able to get both hands on it.  
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Zack Taylor is One of the Worst Offensive Minds I've Ever Seen - Whatever - 09-27-2020, 07:56 PM