Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Zack Taylor is One of the Worst Offensive Minds I've Ever Seen
(09-27-2020, 06:07 PM)Wes Mantooth Wrote: This dude is so far in over his head, and underqualified it's actually unbelievable.

I honestly don't think he could get an OC job at a top 100 college right now.  And he's currently pulling double duty as HC and OC for an NFL team.

The faster this turd sandwich is outta here the better.  What a freaking awful hire.  Clown show from a scheme and playcalling standpoint.

I hate to be reactionary, but I agree.  These guys are second rate.  Taylor rode McVey's coattails and the trend of hiring young qb-centric HC's.  Hiring him alone wasn't the worst thing in the world, but not giving him a proven, experienced staff was a big mistake.  McVey had Wade Phillips, a defensive genius and ex-HC to help him carry the weight of being a young HC.  Zac picked/was given Anarumo and Callahan.  Anarumo had done nothing of note in the league, and Callahan won with Peyton Manning, then went to Oakland to be average.  They were Zac's buddies.  I'd love to work with all of my best friends, but it likely wouldn't be optimal for productivity.  

Best case scenario if things continue down this road IMO is that we hire Joe Brady from Carolina in the offseason.  Brady is another inexperienced guy HC wise, but he's got a great rapport with the most important guy in the organization.  The other part of the scenario is Mike Zimmer being out in Minnesota.  Get him to be the DC and carry some weight for Brady.  Make it so.

My hope is that Burrow has the ear of ownership and gets a wide berth in voicing his views of what needs to be changed. He's already looking like a franchise savior even as he gets his brains beaten out every week.
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Zack Taylor is One of the Worst Offensive Minds I've Ever Seen - samhain - 09-27-2020, 11:40 PM