Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Zach Taylor is 1000% a bullshitter
(09-28-2020, 09:08 AM)Fan_in_Kettering Wrote: I've seen enough on the field to know Zac Taylor isn't the right head coach to lead the Cincinnati Bengals to the Super Bowl.  Normally I don't like comparisons but I can't help thinking about Marvin Lewis in 2003 because there was such a huge immediate difference in how the Bengals played.  It was visible and measurable.  

It's like making a swing change in golf; if the trajectory of the golf ball doesn't immediately improve then abandon the swing change.  Marvin immediately improved the Bengals and Zac has not.  I'm personally fearful for Joe Burrow's health.  Yes, he's a tough kid but accumulating multiple hits per game will take its toll -- and what I really fear is a cheap shot.  Do you think Bud Dupree will hold back if given a free path into the Cincinnati backfield?  Ask Matt Moore about Bud Dupree.  

Zac Taylor is a smart dude and I find him very personable.  In my opinion he belongs in the broadcast booth as a commentator and needs to stay out of the locker room and away from the sidelines.  

I've come to this conclusion as well.  And the primary reason why is that he's failing at the things we were told he would excel at.  Taylor is not some kind of quarterback whisperer.  Burrow is excelling in spite of Taylor's play calling, not because of it.  The play calls in overtime were particularly disgusting.  Your quarterback has an almost god level ability to torch teams on quick slants and outs and your offensive line couldn't block a plastic bag floating in the wind.  So we see long developing play after long developing play?  And don't even get me started on the lack of discipline that has killed offensive drives and caused the defense to crumble in critical situations.  No matter the question, Taylor is not the answer.
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Zach Taylor is 1000% a bullshitter - MickMack - 09-28-2020, 10:22 AM