Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
When will the Bengals front office realize..........?
(09-28-2020, 05:34 PM)TJHoushmandzadeh Wrote: How do we know Turner convinced Tobin/Taylor?

I'm not sure former punter and life time Special Teams coach Simmons could be an O-line coach with no notice. Even if he could, it'll likely end up weakening special teams more than it improves the O-line.

The biggest issue at the moment is O-line and we're going to rely on someone who has been really bad at picking Oline players for years to fix it?
Change has to start with Tobin. 

I don't know for sure but I would be willing to bet that Turner was heavily involved in the discussion that the guys he has are just fine.

Lol ok referring to Darrin Simmons that way as if he's not qualified, there's a reason why he was elevated to assistant HC. That guy gets to see the talent of the entire football team and has been in the business for 20+ years, I'm sure he could fill in any role (included HC) very well especially in the Bengals organization. He could certainly fill the void just fine to make it through the rest of the season.

Tobin is who is sitting in the seat to fix the Oline from a personnel standpoint, he's Mikes guy that isn't going to change until probably when Mike Brown dies. He's not a piece one the chessboard that can be changed so you have to work with what you've got unfortunately. Since you're referencing that Tobin has to change I think what you're saying is unrealistic, I'm trying to suggest something that could actually happen right now.
Confucius say, he who go to bed with itchy butt wake up with smelly finger.
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: When will the Bengals front office realize..........? - WestCoastBengalsFan - 09-28-2020, 06:31 PM