Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
What would it take for you to say that Biden/Trump won the debate?
(09-28-2020, 08:26 PM)michaelsean Wrote: I think it will look like an Eagles-Bengals game and most people just wanting it over.

I had drafted a mini-rant about this debate and how no matter whether Biden or Trump "wins" it will be blatantly on display how America loses. The debate isn't going to be measured by persuasive dialogue or measured speech. It's going to be measured by one liners, insults and how much meme-worthy material is put out. It's the worst of reality TV bleeding into a presidential race. 

For Trump to win in my eyes, he needs to be coherent, prepared, and professional. Stick to the substance of the questions, talk about what his position and platform are and why the American people should give him another four years in office. Let the Americans know HOW he is going to do something like protect people with underlying health conditions and funding social security, rather than simple guarantees that could just as easily be empty promises. Don't go off on tangents or resort to the all too familiar attacks on Biden's age or gaffes. 

For Biden to win he needs to not get baited by Trump into an ugly debate. Trump will undoubtedly attack his age and a number or irrelevant topics. Biden needs to call them out as irrelevant, but focus on getting his message out to Americans. He needs to not get flustered if (when) Trump rambles over time or interrupts with his attempts at one liners and quips during Biden's time. Call Trump's behavior out, but don't sink to that level. He also needs to be able to present himself as something other than "better alternative than Trump."

But yeah, America loses. 
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: What would it take for you to say that Biden/Trump won the debate? - CKwi88 - 09-28-2020, 10:39 PM