Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
OC Callahan apparently was not aware that we were going to waive Shaq Calhoun
(09-29-2020, 11:16 AM)Crazyjdawg Wrote: You're missing my point.

It doesn't matter how many minutes or hours a player was released before the question. I'm not saying Callahan was stupid for not checking his phone and seeing the press release.

I'm saying he should have known prior to the press release and he should have had a hand in the decision to waive Calhoun. He is the offensive coordinator. He is not some low level assistant. In theory, every decision about the offensive roster should run through him.

So how in God's name did he not know that Calhoun was being released that day? He should have known Calhoun was being released hours if not days before the press release went out. But he was completely unaware.

This tells me that Taylor (or maybe someone else above Taylor even) is making roster decisions and not consulting anyone, especially not the coaches/coordinators of said players.
yikes....this is the first visible hit of the iceberg on the titanic.....LOOKS VERY VERY BAD and basically illustrates what a mess this team is and continues to be. Years and years with no real GM and the puppet master (MB) probably making moves via pager after the 5 O'clock senior special dinner.     
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: OC Callahan apparently was not aware that we were going to waive Shaq Calhoun - kalibengal - 09-29-2020, 12:10 PM