Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
OC Callahan apparently was not aware that we were going to waive Shaq Calhoun
(09-29-2020, 11:16 AM)Crazyjdawg Wrote: This tells me that Taylor (or maybe someone else above Taylor even) is making roster decisions and not consulting anyone, especially not the coaches/coordinators of said players.

There's been a few instances over the years that signaled that Mike Brown and Co. are still way more involved than people think.

I remember a few with Marvin, where he would comment on certain player who left and it would seem he had moved on, or was opposed to them ever returning.  Then said player would magically return.  The Chris Henry situation clearly comes to mind.  It was 100% evident that that was Mike's call.

It was also reported that Mike Brown was actually making the call on what players would be active on gamedays.  I remember just a few years ago they said that Marvin Lewis was now handling this, as a sign that he had more say and assumed more power.  I remember thinking, why the hell hasn't this been his call all along?  What coach gets cucked by his owner about which players are going to dress?

Keep it mind, it took years and maybe a decade plus before Marvin made calls like these.  And he had a much better record, and some history behind him.  I'd be shocked if Zac Taylor assumed the same level of control immediately.

People say Mike has completely stepped aside.  While that may be true, I don't at all believe the family has.  The Troy Blackburn comments on Andrew Whitworth and Bobby Hart were alarming.  Him and his Kevin Bacon looking wife, along the old man, have their fingerprints all over everything that makes up this team.
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: OC Callahan apparently was not aware that we were going to waive Shaq Calhoun - Wes Mantooth - 09-29-2020, 12:34 PM